Department of Sanskrit Samhitha and Siddhanta
The department is one of the integral components of Ayurvedic studies. The department provides teaching and training of
fundamental principles’ of Ayurvedic Darshanas (Indian Metaphysics), Ayurvedic history and Sanskrit language. So this department
imparts the introduction to Ayurvedic science and Ayurvedic curriculum. Largest proportion of study materials prescribed in the
first profession curriculum is handled by this department. Department is engaged in conveying basic principles of Ayurveda for
the better understating and treatment principles.
Specialties of this department are
- Conducting 10 days Sanskrit Shibhiram in the campus every year.
- Interested candidates are permitted to participate in the sanskrit camp conducted by Samskrita Bharati (off campus).
- 2 days camp- Bhashabhodana Varga (workshop for grammer and slogas). It will help the students for the easy understanding of Ayurvedic textbooks.
- Shishyopanayana Samskara is also conducted every year.
- Daily parayana of Ashtanga Hrudaya (to make the students thorough with the slogas and to analyze them critically).
- Students are provided with pathraladwara samskritham ( distant education programme for BA sanskrit).
- Well maintained department library.
Dr. P.R. Drisya
Dr. A. Buvaneshwari